For more information, select the following button:
Covid-19 Contact Info
Due to the City of Los Angeles Ordinance No. 187219, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours is required to enter a City of Los Angeles building. If you are a City of Los Angeles employee, your City Identification Card will serve as proof of vaccination or evidence of an approved exemption. If you are unable to comply but need to make alternative arrangements to meet with Personnel Department staff, the following is the contact information for the various public counters of the Personnel Department:
CANDIDATE AND EMPLOYMENT RECORD SERVICES, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Certification Unit - For Certifications, Reinstatements, Restorations, and Candidate Change of Availability, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 473-9315.
- Records Unit - For Emergency Appointments, Request for Leave of Absence, Eligible List information, and EWH assistance, contact: email@example.com or (213) 473-9311 (select option #5).
- Background Unit - For Live Scan appointments, Proof of Education, and Exam Eligibility Review, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-473-9316.
- AIF Review Team - For Additional Information Form (AIF) submission, contact: email@example.com or (213) 473-9316.
- Folders Unit - For Employee Folders & Subpoena Requests, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 473-9311 (select option #5).
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS DIVISION, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
View our Benefits webpage for specific contact information regarding our employee benefit programs: LAwell Program (civilian employee benefits); COMMUTEwell (rideshare, parking & transit benefits); LIVEwell (health & wellness); Deferred Compensation Plan (supplemental retirement savings); and Pensions Saving Plan (for part-time, temporary & seasonal employees); or call our main line at (213) 978-1655.
MEDICAL SERVICES DIVISION, Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
For pre-employment medical screening, contact: (213) 473-6960.
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH DIVISION, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
For safety and ergonomic consultation and support services for City employees, contact: email@example.com or (213) 378-3611.
OFFICE OF WORKPLACE EQUITY, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Workplace Equity complaints may be made through the centralized reporting system at MyVoiceLA.org. You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (213) 473-9100.
PERSONNEL SERVICES SECTION, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For human resources support inquiries, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
PUBLIC SAFETY - BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION DIVISION, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For candidates in the public safety background investigation process, please contact your Background Investigator or contact (213) 473-0100.
PUBLIC SAFETY DIVISION, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SECTION, See below for hours:
- Monday, December 19, 2022 to Friday, December 23, 2022 Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 26, 2022 to Friday, December 30, 2022 Hours: Closed
- Starting January 3, 2023: Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
For inquiries regarding civil service applications, applicant appeals, and job opportunities, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 473-9311 (select option #2).
EXAMINING SECTION, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CENTRAL SERVICES SECTION, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For candidate inquiries regarding their examination status, scheduling, protests, or notifications, contact: email@example.com or (213) 473-9400.
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION DIVISION, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For Workers’ Compensation questions, contact (213) 473-3400.