Appeal from suspension/ discharge

When a tenured Civil Service employee is disciplined by a Suspension of Six (6) working days up to and including Discharge, that employee or their representative may file an appeal with the Civil Service Commission within five (5) calendar days of service as follows.

Complete and sign an Appeal from Suspension / Discharge form.

Submit the completed and signed appeal form along with a scan or photo of both sides of the General Form 77 detailing the discipline imposed against the employee and the date the document was served in an email to the Commission Executive Director at or present the documents in-person to the Commission Office, 700 East Temple Street, Room 360.

Because of the limited five (5) calendar days permitted to file an appeal under the City Charter it is NOT recommended that appeals be mailed to the Commission.