Transfer | Location: Civic Center
$80,701.20 - $117,992.88
Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions (LAFPP) has a transfer opportunity for one (1) Management Analyst in the Human Resources Unit (HR). Management Assistants and Personnel Analysts are encouraged to apply for an in-lieu position. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist the Senior Personnel Analyst I with overseeing department hiring efforts including the review of selection packages prior to routing to Management for approval, answering inquiries from candidates and hiring sections, salary determinations, conduct onboarding for new employees, and assist the clerical staff with the organization and execution of hiring processes as needed.
· Complete tasks using the Human Capital Management module in Workday including processing hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, corrections to employee records; provide initial level of approval for entries made by clerical staff; maintain department position control including reporting structures and organization.
· Advise staff and Management on various personnel-related matters including discipline, grievances, labor relations, leaves using the City Charter, Administrative Code, Civil Service Rules, MOUs, and Personnel Policies and Procedures as resources.
· Administer the Department Training and Tuition Reimbursement programs as the Department Training Coordinator
· Prepare personnel-related statistical reports for the Senior Personnel Analyst I and the Department Personnel Officer; complete compensation surveys received from outside agencies; draft and present reports to the Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners.
· Prepare and process documents relating to Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) requests; receive and follow-up on Workers’ Compensation (WC) reports; provide and process WC and Cal/OSHA report forms.
· Other duties as assigned.
Candidates with strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and experience using PaySR and the Workday Human Capital Management module are highly desired. LAFPP is on a hybrid telecommute schedule where staff are required to work onsite two days per week. A 9/80 or 5/40 schedule, free parking, and a tuition reimbursement program are available. The LAFPP office is located in the Arts District where it borders Little Tokyo in Downtown Los Angeles. The address is 701 E. 3rd Street, Suite 200, Los Angeles CA 90013.
To apply, please submit a Departmental Application, current resume, and two (2) most recent performance evaluations, if available, via the following link: https://lafpp.jotform.com/231435919044860 no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, February 16, 2024. Submitted material will be reviewed to determine a reasonable number of candidates with the relevant background and experience to interview. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions staff at a later date.