Office of Councilmember Nithya Raman, Los Angeles City Council, 4th District Digital and Social Media Deputy
The Office of Councilmember Nithya Raman is seeking thoughtful, hard-working, and compassionate applicants to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Prior communications, media, and/or digital experience is preferred. Most important is that you are self-starting, energetic, and excited about telling the story of our work for a better Los Angeles.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accompanying Councilmember Raman and/or staff to events, projects and programs throughout the District to document and share the stories of our work
- Managing district social media accounts, including drafting captions, light editing of visual content, posting on and interacting with relevant accounts, and monitoring for constituent queries and concerns to elevate to appropriate staff
- Managing district website, including updating with press releases and newsletters, auditing regularly for accurate information, and ensuring ADA compliance
- Conceptualizing and designing clear, communicative, and aesthetically pleasing visual layouts, graphics, and videos that engage, educate, and inspire the public
- Draft and build district-wide newsletter, including relevant events, resources, and district accomplishments as requested by staff
- Assisting with conception and execution of video content
- Interface with Field Team and District Director to ensure accurate and swift two-way communications between City Hall and constituents.
- On-site participation in CD4 events and Councilmember Raman appearances
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of how to drive digital strategies to maximize reach and engagement (including on platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok)
- Experience managing social media accounts, email marketing automation platforms and monitoring/replying to responses
- Experience with Nationbuilder or similar CMS program
- Familiarity with digital marketing platforms and tools such as Hootsuite, Canva, and text-banking platforms
- Experience with social media paid advertising
- Experience with online influencer marketing
- Experience in PR, journalism, basic graphic design, photography, and/or video editing
- Superior attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish and/or Farsi
- Compassion, commitment to, and enthusiasm for addressing the concerns and needs of CD4 constituents
The annual base pay range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000, depending on years of relevant experience.
The City of Los Angeles values diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage any and all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their racial or ethnic background, sex, gender identity, or any other protected trait or characteristic.
In accordance with Los Angeles City Ordinance 187134, candidates must meet the minimum requirement of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an exemption and report their vaccination status prior to being hired by the hiring City department. The ordinance is available at bit.ly/cityofla-vax.